So I woke up this morning to find that Philip Ridgers had nominated me for the Liebster Award. Here is a link to Philip’s response and nominations . I am so honoured to be nominated and honestly it was a huge, happy surprise.
A bit of short information on Philip is that he is a musician and aspiring writer. I personally enjoy following him and his posts on twitter (Follow him at @PRidgers87) and also his WordPress account. From writing thoughts to book reviews, it’s always interesting to read what he’s written.
Anyway on with my response to the nomination.
The Leibster Award is an award given to bloggers to help support and build the community. You can only nominate others for a Leibster Award after you yourself have received a nomination. I think it’s a really awesome idea to connect bloggers and it’s just a fun thing to do.
The all-important rule book:
- Thank the person who nominated you – Thanks, Phil!! 😀
- Share 11 facts about yourself
- Answer 11 questions from the blogger who nominated you
- Nominate up to 11 bloggers and write 11 questions for them to answer.
11 Facts about Me
I’m an only daughter… with four brothers. Some people ask me if it is hard or annoying being the only girl. I answer with ‘no’. First of all, I can say that I’m my parent’s favourite daughter and secondly, I get along very well with every one of my brothers.
My first ever book that I wrote was a rip-off of Anne of Green Gables by Lucy Maud Montgomery and was called Hannah of Green Valley. It was a short story and not nearly as good as the original… obviously. I was only around eight at the time, but, hey, it started my writing passion.
My favourite colours are aqua, turquoise and blue. Although if black was considered a colour then black would be my favourite colour…. It’s the colour of my soul. lol 😀
I secretly enjoy watching videos of other people playing video games, as long as it’s not horror… On Youtube I’m subscribed to several gaming channels, but I’m pretty picky on what I watch. The channels, if you want to know, are things like Miniladd, Ohmwrecker, Vanoss, etc.
I enjoy most Dad jokes and nearly all puns. I know it’s weird, but you just have to get used to it, I am weird and a little crazy, but only the good kinds of weird and crazy. XD
I play Dungeons and Dragons (D&D) on a regular basis. It is a role-playing tabletop game, where you play as characters defeating bad guys. One of my stories ‘The Mouse and The Unicorn’ is actually based off one of the games I play in. The game is random and fun and super inspiring for any writers. You should try it out!
I enjoy eating fruit. I decided on this fact because I’m eating fruit salad while writing this. And yes, it is incredibly delicious. I would share with you but unfortunately the internet doesn’t hold that capability yet so have a picture instead.
My favourite animal is the penguin. They are cute and adorable, especially the fairy penguins down here in Australia. And of course you can always take penguins out for a fancy dinner, because they are always dressed for the occasion. XD
Mystery books were my favourites as a youngster and I still enjoy them. Don’t ask me to write a mystery however, I will fail with epic precision. 😀
I split a hole in between my lip and chin by falling off a swing when I was three or four. A rock went through the skin through to my teeth, I had to have stitches and there is still a scar.
I’m a casual anime watcher, but once again I’m super picky about what sort of anime I watch. For those who are curious my favourite anime and manga is Skip Beat! It is literally the most amazing thing ever. Skip Beat! Is also getting an English Dub so we’ll have to see how it turns out.
Otherwise I like watching fantasy/medieval sort of ones like:
I could go on but I’ll stop there.
The Crucial Questions from Philip
- A wizard has taken away your writing talent, and is going to make you equally talented at something else. What do you choose, and why?
Oh, starting off with a tricky question. I would have to say art. I love drawing and doing digital art, but am not super good at it. So I’d request to have the talent transferred to the ability to do digital art and drawing better. 🙂
Or I’d ask for the talent in magic like the wizard and then I would fight and defeat the wizard and make me have my writing skills back as well as still have the magic.
- What writing project are you working on at the moment?
Dangerous question to ask an author, but at this current moment I’m working on a short story titled ‘Monster’. I can’t give too much away but it has twists and turns. It will also have a sequel named ‘Prey’.
- A train leaves at the same time as Bob the prehistoric cave dweller. One of them has time travelled to the other one’s era. Which way round would make for the more interesting story?
Train time travels to the prehistoric cave dweller’s land. I mean who doesn’t like a time travelling train and also I’d love to see Bob’s reaction at the strange contraption suddenly showing up outside his cave. *toot toot*
- I’ve got to put at least one important hypothetical issue in here: Pogs are about to make a comeback. To what extent would this affect your life?
I would see my friends a whole lot more so that we can play. Also I would be drinking so much juice and milk that I’d have to tell everyone is was part of a new health diet. (TBH had to look up what Pogs were… *sorry I’m so young* 😀 )
- There’s a book that you hated reading. It’s been made into a film, and got extremely good reviews. Do you go and see it?
Nah, I’m pretty picky about what I watch in the movie regards anyway. Besides, some movies that got good reviews I hated with a passion and some of the bad reviewed movies were actually pretty brilliant. In other words I trust my own judgement rather than the views of others… or at least with movie reviews.
- Do you listen to music while you write?
Absolutely. I don’t understand people who don’t. And I definitely can’t understand people who say they can’t think with music on. Music sparks the imagination and honestly I get a lot of my inspiration from songs.
- A big spider has a fight with a wasp. Which one are you rooting for?
The wasp. I’ve had a terrible fear of spiders since I was younger. One spider was part of a gang of Bull Ants and they bit me all up my legs. It was not a pleasant experience, so from then on I’ve had a fear of spiders and large ants.
- If you could spend a day as another animal or even a plant, what would you choose? (That’s 24 hours, with a guarantee of survival and reverting to your original form at the end).
A wolf. For some reason I’ve always thought wolf in response to questions like this. I just have always like the thought of being a wolf. My second choice would be a penguin, but I’m already secretly a penguin in human form so…
- You are given the ability to bring the dodo back from extinction. However, you will have to spend an hour every day hanging upside down for the rest of your life. Do you go ahead with it?
No. The dodo was a beautiful bird, but I’m not willing to have all that blood rush to my head each day just so it can be back from extinction. Sorry, Dodo, I promise I’m not a terrible person.
- If you could move to any fictional world, which would you choose? That could be a world from a book, video game, film, podcast, or something I wasn’t smart enough to think of.
Would it be conceited to say Ryllia, my world? Well it’s my answer anyway. 😀 I love anything and everything fantasy and being part of the Ryllian world would just be awesome. I wouldn’t even mind it if I were a peasant.
If I were not to be conceited though, I’d have to say Narnia or Pride and Prejudice. Honestly there are so many options it’s almost impossible to choose.
- How much planning do you do before you start writing something? Pages of notes? Intricate backstories for everyone down to the janitor of the school down the road that never makes it into the book? Scream of enthusiasm followed by diving into the great creative unknown?
I literally just write down the idea, simple as it is. For example:
Girl is forced into a marriage, but things seem to be different that first expected.
However a lot of the time it starts with a scene and then from that scene I roughly plot out the story from how it starts to how it ends. After all that I start writing what happens and everything until I’m finished. 😀
Kristy on her blog ‘Scribble with A Sparkle’ always writes interesting posts even if it’s just an update or review. I also love following her twitter and she’s a beautiful person so go and show her some love!
This blog has emotion in the form of Diary entries and short stories. Everything has such power and emotion behind it, it takes you on a journey. He’s currently working on a story and I’m personally looking forward to everything that is produced.
Steve from Your Sentence Here takes once sentence from his followers and turns it into a story. I think it is such an inclusive and brilliant idea and he does an awesome job. He also writes his own books and I love to read everything he has written
I love Stuarts site, and it has everything fantasy which I love. He also has life thoughts and just all-round awesomeness. It has a great design and amazing writing, what more could you want from a blogger.
This blog is so positive and uplifting! If you want something that makes you appreciate life and feel awesome read some of the quotes or posts. I love sitting down and reading this blog. It’s like that friend that continues to tell you your awesome despite the fact you spilt your coffee on you textbook and ran late for work and then forgot that it was you brothers birthday today. 😀
I would do so many more nominations but I’ll just leave it here. Also I decided not to nominate people who have already been nominated, not sure if it was in the rules, but it’s time to give others a moment of love.
And if those nominated don’t want to respond to the nomination that’s absolutely fine but I just wanted you to know that you are awesome and to keep up the good work.
For those who do respond the questions are listed below.
Questions – The Truth Shall be Revealed
- What was your first story you ever wrote about? Or if you don’t write what was the first book you read?
- If you could be any fantasy race what would it be?
- What flavoured milk is your favourite?
- What anime or cartoon or animated movie is you all-time top pick?
- Would you rather live in a treehouse or in a boathouse?
- If you could travel to any place in the world (for free) where would you go?
- A villager run in to tell you that a dragon has landed in a field and they want you to get rid of it. Do you (a) Fight and Kill the Dragon (b) Befriend the Dragon (c) Offer a business like deal that ensures that it leaves peacefully but it gets some food in return?
- If you could transport to any time period would it be Medieval, Period, Futuristic or other?
- What is your favourite book series?
- Your friend is having a fancy dress party, you are allowed to go as anything. What do you choose?
- With your coffee or tea or hot chocolate or favourite cool beverage, what is your favourite snack to have with it?
Thank you Phil again for nominating me and I really enjoyed writing a response. I’m honoured by the fact I received the Liebster Award and I will continue to try my best in the future.
As always and forever more, you guys are awesome!